Monday, January 17, 2011

Brownies and damper and cupcakes - OH MY!

It’s been a weird ride and it just keeps getting weirder: two food drop-offs to the bomb site that is ‘Drift’ Restaurant today, giving an interview with ‘Baked Relief’ CEO, Danielle, to Channel 9 and finally a visit from ‘The Today Show’ where I was filmed baking damper in my kitchen. 
Strange days, indeed; most peculiar, Mama....
And so the clean-up continues.  My darling husband, who has worked like a galley slave, for three full days, as well as some nights (helping people move furniture, before the deluge started!), has had an enforced (by me) rest and recuperation day. A threatened tummy bug meant that I put my foot down, as I explained he would of no use to anyone if he got sick. He has announced his intention to visit Goodna tomorrow and I know he’ll be there, bug or no bug, aching back or not.
Meanwhile, I continue to bake and so do my lovely team of bakers.  Seeing ‘Drift’ today was worse than yesterday...today, I noticed the destroyed black grand piano.  This image “done me in”, as Eliza Dolittle would say.

Taken by Danielle Crismani
17/1/11
Drift Restaurant, Auchenflower

The other image that struck me heartily was a sign in Rosalie.  I will let the picture articulate my thousands of words; I am sure we all feel it at the moment.


Baroona Rd, Rosalie
17/1/11




Go, Brisbane!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment